I don't think you understand investing.

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: skipper3 于 2006-3-05, 19:16:11:

回答: 你要认为投资方不是被骗了而是帮助陈骗国家钱,那是另一回事, 由 starfire 于 2006-3-05, 14:27:06:

What is 骗 in this context anyway? Is it cheating or fraud? I think you mean Chen is a fraud. But like it or not, a line between fraud and exploration is never easy to draw. And it is up to the court to judge whether there is a fraud after all dust settled and all truth told.

Yes Chen has cheated, but does that mean the whole thing is a fraud? You can say Chen is not qualified for his job so he is a fraud. But how do you know there is absolutely no chance he may actually succeed? When people say he is not qualified they really mean his claimed capability is untested, unproven and the chance he will succeed is very low therefore the benefit of hiring him doesn't justify the risk. But what amount of chance is an investor willing to accept? This is a fundamental question in investing. Now let's say Chen has 10% of chance he will succeed. Does that mean it is a fraud? As for investor in this case, the state, should they accept this 10% chance? What is the alternative? Is there any otehr cadidate who may is promising and increased probability of succedding justify additional cost of recruiting and hiring? We know the success of a business venture depends on many factors. Talent is only one of them. 100% guarantee doesn't exist.

Now maybe you say Chen is a fraud because he knew he is not capable of doing it but still take the investment, and he might have misled the investor too. But, hey, this is not called fraud, it is called GREED. You may not like it but greed is what capitalism is all about. Greed maybe a bad thing, but when everyone is greed, great things happen. THis is what the great American in my eye is all about.

Now you can Chen

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl