所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: eddie 于 2010-09-26, 14:50:46:

该信以俺个人名义送,大家看看有什么补充和建议:

September 26, 2010
William Beaumont Hospital Human Investigation Committee
3811 West Thirteen Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073

Dear Sir:
I have previously sent you a letter dated March 1, 2010, which included an open letter against the clinical experiment popularly known as “Xiao Procedure” and material, collected by a group of volunteers that I had the privilege to represent, supporting our concern.

In that letter, I also called attention to a letter sent by your hospital to potential patients, which claimed that the procedure is “standard of care” in China and suggested these patients to go to China for the surgery.

I have not received any response to my letter, so I assume that you have ignored the appeal. Nevertheless, I would like to update you with some of the more recent developments related to the issue.

a.    Preliminary results of the clinical trial in your hospital have been published in Journal of Urology. That paper was seriously criticized by peer experts in comments published in the same issue. One of them stated flatly “there is great danger of its improper and rapid adaptation by patients and the medical community at large.”

b.    Dr. Xiao Chuanguo, the pioneer of the procedure itself, has been arrested in China for masterminding a couple of violent attacks against two individuals who had worked to challenge his previous claims and expose his fraud.

c.    Dr. Evan Kass, Chief of Pediatric Urology at your hospital, posted comments to Science web site attacking one of Xiao Chuanguo’s victims with baseless charges of plagiarism and conspiracy. Even worse, he repeated the same charge after he was challenged on its factual basis. While Dr. Kass is certainly entitled to his opinions and freedom of speech, his comment has come dangerously close to, if not already crossing, the line of personal libel and represents a conduct unbecoming to a scholar of his statue.

In light of these developments, I would like once again to call your attention to this matter and for an investigation of:

1.    On what basis your hospital was able to advice your potential patients that the Xiao Procedure is “standard of care” in China?

2.    On what basis Dr. Kass was able to publicly accuse Dr. Fang Zhouzi plagiarism and conspiracy?

3.    Has your hospital verified any data provided by Dr. Xiao Chuanguo himself on his procedure before presenting them to various funding agencies and the general public?

I hope you will review the case thoroughly. I am looking forward to provide any further assistance.

Sincerely,
Eddie Cheng

encl.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明