look, I don't like to discuss issues as whether nature is fundamentally

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 短江学者 于 2008-01-10, 09:33:06:

回答: 什么问题?我能表达想法数学公式是离散的吗?不很明白。 由 短江学者 于 2008-01-10, 09:06:38:

discrete or continuous, I don't know and it does not help me in anyway. If you insist on it then I would say at the quantum level wave functions are continues. The super string theory is also continuous. That is really not our business to speculate. My point is that, for example, I can add one voltage to another to a capacitor in analogue way. And if I convert them into discrete (binary) values I will need quite a few transistors to do it, which does not seem to be happening in the brain. I agree that once we understand how brain works we can use digital computers to emulate it. But I doubt we can use discrete algorithms to understand how brain works. It would be pretty hard to understand quantum mechanics without using continuous wave functions either.

As for whether computer can deduce mathematical proof or even discover mathematical tricks, I would say it is possible if we have the capacity. But again even if it is possible that does not seem to be the way our brains do such things.One can argue that a computer can try all possible ways. However, like Feynman's sum over history approach, the set of possible paths is again a continuous set. These do not help me and thus I, following Feynman, would say that doctor has ordered me not to discuss any meta-physics or meta-computer science issues:)

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明