Beijing Olympics: Israeli Olympian calls Chinese 's**ts'

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: HunHunSheng 于 2008-09-12, 18:39:28:

回答: 谁吃过胡姆斯豆酱?哪里有卖的 由 HunHunSheng 于 2008-09-12, 18:19:31:

Beijing Olympics: Israeli Olympian calls Chinese 's**ts'

Israel's sole medallist at the 2008 Olympics stirred a diplomatic row after describing the Chinese as s**ts, complaining they had funny accents and grumbling he could not buy hummus in China.

By Tim Butcher in Jerusalem
Last Updated: 12:58AM BST 11 Sep 2008

Shahar Zubari, 22, who won a bronze medal in windsurfing, showed little Olympic spirit towards his hosts in an interview with the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.

When asked to describe the Chinese in one word he chose "s**ts".

"They are difficult," he said.

"They don't speak the language, their rituals are strange and even their pronunciation is weird."

He hated the diet in China and only felt happy when a friend turned up with some hummus from home.

"I don't like [chinese] food, I don't eat pig," he said.

"Give me home-cooked food, especially hummus.

"I can live off hummus."

The Chinese embassy in Tel Aviv protested by cancelling today's celebratory reception for the Israeli Olympic delegation.

This was in spite of a formal letter of apology from Ghaleb Majadla, Israel's sports minister, to the Chinese government.

He is the first Israeli Arab Muslim to serve in the Israeli cabinet in the sixty-year history of the country, an appointment that was denounced by some right wing Jewish parliamentarians.

"I would like to condemn the irresponsible remarks made by Shahar Zubari," Mr Majadla wrote.

"I would also like to emphasise that they do not reflect the views of the Israeli people on the Chinese nation.

Mr Majadla wrote that during his own stay in Beijing during the games, he discovered "a cultured, polite people who are pleasant and friendly".

"I hope that the regrettable remarks made by Shahar Zubari do not harm the fruitful relations between our countries," he added

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明