美国权威机构Institute of Medicine推荐的减肥运动量是平均每天一个小时

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: HunHunSheng 于 2007-12-19, 23:38:04:

回答: 你的锻炼量太小要减肥非要大运动量(相当于>= running 15 miles a week)不可 由 HunHunSheng 于 2007-12-19, 23:25:33:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0NHF/is_4_21/ai_106652188

How much exercise is enough? While the National Institute of Medicine suggests increasing exercise from 30 to 60 minutes a day, a rash of fitness entrepreneurs are offering highly condensed workouts promising less is more. Is it hype for the time-impaired or truly a more efficient way to move?
American Fitness, May-June, 2003 by Meg Jordan
"Too little time" has been a consistent complaint among eight out of 10 people who know they should exercise but can't squeeze in workouts. Some fitness experts believe people don't really have less time these days. Instead, they give exercise such a low priority it gets easily bypassed.

Five new programs are determined to rebut the "no-time" excuse with something their creators consider fail-proof. The following review may intrigue you to further investigate the value of shorter workouts.

Power-of- 10

Most Popular Articles
in Health
Wake up refreshed! ...
Push-up intensity: ...
Cocktails and ...
The sour truth about ...
Fuel your workout: ...
More »
"Get a week's worth of exercise in a single workout," says Adam Zickerman, an expert on slow strength training. He is the owner and founder of Inform Fitness centers in the New York area, which specialize in teaching Power-of-10. Zickerman's book, co-authored with Bill Schley, Power-of-10 : The Once-A-Week Slow Motion Fitness Revolution (HarperResource, 2003) claims to be a virtually "quit-proof" fitness workout.

Zickerman points out that during the last 30 years, the majority of exercise regimens focused on cardiovascular workouts that were either too labor-intensive, time-consuming or potentially injurious for people to stick with them for the long term. Those who had the discipline to adhere to a specific routine tended to over-train, leading to a variety of overuse injuries.

Advertisement
Although no formal studies have documented this supposed increase in injuries, a subjective impression exists within the fitness industry that exercisers, whether weekend fanatics or daily plodders, are dealing with more aches and pains from arduous workouts. Certainly the robust sales of chondroitin and glucosamine for restoring cartilage in knees and other joints may attest to the fact that the exercising public suffers flora some real wear and tear.

With aging boomers everywhere, it's no wonder the sports medicine community is taking stock of a growing number of physical deteriorations in avid exercise groups. One sports enthusiast whose love of running slowly produced a "bum hip, distinct limp and little mobility in [the] joints," is medical correspondent Dr. Bob Arnot. His new book, Wear and Tear (Simon & Schuster, 2003) documents the growing concern for tissue break down, burnout and muscle injury as people exercise from their 20s through midlife and beyond. According to Arnot, 50 percent of Americans are clinically arthritic by middle age. However, you can halt and perhaps reverse much of the joint damage by correcting body mechanics, developing strength, stretching, taking the right pain medications and nutritional supplements.

Even the Cooper Institute in Dallas has addressed this issue with a new functionally fit program (refer to the November/December 2002 editorial). They offer tests to measure injury risks and prevent further cumulative damage. So, maybe Zickerman has a point. However, is his slow motion form of resistance training really a safe and efficient way to counter wear and tear?

He bases his program on what he calls his three crucial parts or Pillars:

Exercise: Power-of-10 is based on the simple principle that you can build lean muscle mass, the body's most effective metabolizer of fat, by simply lifting weights in slow motion. Rather than using fast movement to do the exercises, you make each repetition last 20 seconds (10 seconds lifting, then 10 seconds lowering), thus harnessing the Power-of-10.

Nutrition: Exercise can't do the job alone, Zickerman admits. "To transform a body in about 20 minutes a week is not a miracle, but it's almost a miracle. To reach a miracle, you need great nutrition." Eliminate "white foods, stack up on lean protein at every meal, eat green leafies, fiber and 'good' fats. Try six meals a day to prevent the starvation response from kicking in."

Rest and Recovery: Perhaps the most appealing part of the program is the fact that Zickerman says you need to rest five to seven days between workouts. The amount of muscle tissue micro-damage during the slow motion work is so intense your body and tissues need that much time to heal and rebuild.

I've tried his program and interviewed several slow-motion devotees. It's true--you are unbelievably fatigued after one of his slow-count sessions and feel more than justified in taking the extra days to recover. Maybe it was my imagination, but I thought I felt a massive recruitment occurring in my muscle fibers as I inched along with the slow count of 10 to contract and 10 to release.

Although I may have gained some time by eliminating frequent workouts, I wasn't prepared for how tedious and boring the very slow motion was. Others told me it took about two weeks to become accustomed to the snail's pace. However, the slow motion revolution may be catching on. A month after receiving Zickerman's book, another showed up with a similar pitch.

Slow Burn Fitness Revolution

The authors of Protein Power, Michael R. Eades, M.D., and Mary Dan Eades, M.D., joined strength trainer Fredrick Hahn to write The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution: The Slow Motion Exercise that Will Change Your Body in 30 Minutes a Week (Broadway Books, 2003). "Slow Burn" is the brainchild of Hahn, who owns Serious Strength, a Manhattan-based fitness facility.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明