About poor people and harry potter

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: tom_cat 于 2007-07-27, 11:04:56:

It is a very interesting topic.

Well, Harry Potter is not for my age group, and I don't have any kids yet(my wife don't want to have any kids before she reached her 30's), so I can not enjoy the pleasure of reading it to my 'little precious'. But that is besides the point. I love reading, all kinds of readings, fantasy stories, spy stories, detective stories etc., and those books are damn expensive. What do I do as a poor people? I usually go to the local library, get a copy, read it and return it a couple of weeks later. Sometimes, even better, I can get a audio book on CDs, so I can listen to my book on my commute to work. I even put them on my iPod, so other people can borrow them and don't have to wait for me.

Certain books I have to have, such as 'To Kill A Mocking Bird', 'Wuthering heights', 'Great Gatsby', 'David Copperfield', etc.. I want to put them on my shelves, so I can grab one at anytime, just read a few paragraphs, to let time passing by at a rainy day.

I was poor people, I still am. I would not buy a pirate book to hurt my conscience, not because I hurt the author in some ways, but because I let those low-life-no-good-thief make money.

I don't understand the logic of those thieves and their "Bang1Xian2"/"Bang1Xiong1", something like we are pirating because 'poor people got a right'. You have to be brain damaged to truly believe it. You are not poor, you piece of trash! You are making freaking money or benefiting from it, by cheating the author and those poor people. The society provided such channels for poor people to 'have a right', and you are robbing them. So, don't insult other people's intelligence.

Of course, I am only talking about books, and the law/regulation is not perfect, its purpose is to encouraging people to 'creat', to 'invent', sometimes it goes a long way to fulfil such purpose. But, don't use the pitfall of laws as your excuse to steal, as your excuse for greed, you piece of low-life-no-good-thief!

I am only talking about books, there are also musics, fashion designs, brand names. Yes, sometimes the line is blurry, but DO NOT steal, or at least not under the name of 'poor people's right', or 'developing country's right', you are poisoning the children.

Poor people don't buy LV, they go to TJMaxx. Of coz, I am referring 'poor' as financial status, not in other ways. My little niece loves Prada so much, she is jumping up and down when I got one for her at Macy's basement in boston. She is too young or 'stupid' to understand that she is endenger her ego as people may think it is a 'fake' because she has no income and from a poor family.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明