there are two types of elderly

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: sanfraner1 于 2006-10-03, 08:16:45:

回答: If you categorized 'elderly' as 'abled' persons, I have no 由 blackbox 于 2006-10-02, 18:42:10:

one who (or his/her spouse) paid their share and others who pay their share to a different system and obtain warefair(or take advantage) in this system.

in this county, you work for yourself, your spouse and your children, social security will take care of those who paid their dues and can't work anymore. (you can argue that there are bunch out there who was born here and didn't pay a penny, but they are the citizens of this county and they weather good time and bad time together with others). when you file your tax return, you can file with your spouse and add your children as your dependents, since it's them you are working for. that's how system suppose to work.

if all the elderly in other counties come here (via legal means), get certain legal status, and start collecting benefits, not sure how the government can balance their checkbook. what happen to other system's responsibilities? believe it or not, some even collect benefits from both system. don't you think they deserve that? from taking advantage point of view, surely the more the better.

don't be emotional and nothing personal. just sit back and think. i am talking about fairness.

i have to admit there are tons of loopholes in this system and you can drill in and get something out of it. this is just one example.

there are lot to talk about about war and i may share lots of same view as you. but we are in social security topic and i don't want to expand our discussion to a diffferent area.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明)