无神论者pz myers短文欣赏。把文章里面道金斯换成版主可以直接拿来用

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: oztiger 于 2011-09-24, 03:19:56:

连‘接受生物学训练’都不用改可以直接用

无神论者PZ Myers的一篇短文供大家欣赏。文章的写作背景是帮道金斯回应一些教徒的陈辞滥调指责:你不懂神学没资格批评啦/你不谦卑啦...PZ以‘朝臣的回复’为题续写了【皇帝的新装】来讽刺他们http://t.cn/agas6I。此短文完全普适,将文中的道金斯替以@方舟子 ,可直接用在迷信经络的中医教徒身上。

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/12/the_courtiers_reply.php

the Courtier's Reply. It refers to the aftermath of a fable.

I have considered the impudent accusations of Mr Dawkins with exasperation at his lack of serious scholarship. He has apparently not read the detailed discourses of Count Roderigo of Seville on the exquisite and exotic leathers of the Emperor's boots, nor does he give a moment's consideration to Bellini's masterwork, On the Luminescence of the Emperor's Feathered Hat. We have entire schools dedicated to writing learned treatises on the beauty of the Emperor's raiment, and every major newspaper runs a section dedicated to imperial fashion; Dawkins cavalierly dismisses them all. He even laughs at the highly popular and most persuasive arguments of his fellow countryman, Lord D. T. Mawkscribbler, who famously pointed out that the Emperor would not wear common cotton, nor uncomfortable polyester, but must, I say must, wear undergarments of the finest silk.

Dawkins arrogantly ignores all these deep philosophical ponderings to crudely accuse the Emperor of nudity.

Personally, I suspect that perhaps the Emperor might not be fully clothed — how else to explain the apparent sloth of the staff at the palace laundry — but, well, everyone else does seem to go on about his clothes, and this Dawkins fellow is such a rude upstart who lacks the wit of my elegant circumlocutions, that, while unable to deal with the substance of his accusations, I should at least chide him for his very bad form.

Until Dawkins has trained in the shops of Paris and Milan, until he has learned to tell the difference between a ruffled flounce and a puffy pantaloon, we should all pretend he has not spoken out against the Emperor's taste. His training in biology may give him the ability to recognize dangling genitalia when he sees it, but it has not taught him the proper appreciation of Imaginary Fabrics.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明