interesting. He is not alone and I had a similarity.

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: cornbug 于 2010-02-09, 09:02:57:

Intellectual Property:

Unwanted Inclusion as Co-Author of Paper?

Reader Question:Because of some of our recent scientific papers, we have achieved a bit of prominence as "up and comers" in our field. At the institute lunch table, I have freely shared ideas and thoughts with a colleague whose lab is down the hall. But they were just collegial, rambling discussions, nothing more. Now, he has published a paper in a major journal and listed me as a co-author. This is without my permission and without there having been any real input or review from me. I do not want my widespread colleagues to feel I have endorsed this chap's research -- let alone contributed to it. He claims he was just being gracious by including our name, but we feel he might be "trying to ride on our coattails". At this point, how can I set the record straight, and also prevent him from doing this again?
Expert Comments:As you already realize, your colleague had no right to use your name on his paper without your permission. It was possibly a bad move legally, and was certainly one ethically. As a professional and a scholar, your name is more than just its letters; it communicates to the reader your expertise, knowledge, and reputation.
As such, you may have "publicity rights" in it. These vary from state to state, but typically they

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明