Brutal

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: cornbug 于 2010-01-17, 12:08:14:

Reposted From Dave Ward Photography

"A sealer near us quickly clubbed every seal within a small radius, to immobilize each of the pups, and then dragged the bodies to the center of his circle. One by one he flipped a seal on its back and skinned it. If the seal flipped around or fought against the skinning he'd flip it back to its stomach, club it several more times and then finish the skinning."
Comments:
Comments
view profile
douglasamcintosh says:

Caption Competition !
Posted 59 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Patrick.T says:

Golf!
view profile
Just_Jane says:

they should club that guy to death
view profile
sillydog Pro User says:

There's a little box in the back of my mind where I keep images that disturb me so profoundly I can't help but question whether we as a species deserve to exist.

Already existing in there is a short movie of a woman laughing as she beats a dog. There are pictures of war, pestilence and poverty. Now there is a picture of a baby seal, looking up w/ cognition, about to be skinned alive.

No doubt, the man who did it laughed at some point that day, too.

Please, please tell me this isn't still happening.
view profile
Aki Jinn says:

Ouch!! This is so cruel. I hate people who hurts animals...but these are happening around the world today.
view profile
lesliesrussell says:

It is still happening. lesliesrussell.blogsome.com/2005/03/30/canadi ans-to-kill-...

According to one report, somewhere around 32k baby seals are to be killed this year.
Posted 58 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
soleá Pro User says:

@leslierussel: you mean 320K!
Posted 58 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
jolivierld says:

You guys are idiots... it IS necessary to kill them!
Posted 51 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Dave Ward Photography Pro User says:

How completely fucking stupid are you?

For hundreds of thousands of years, the Arctic ecosystem has worked very well with the seal population and the fish population interacting, each keeping the other population in a healthy balance. Hundreds of thousands of years. Now we humans come charging into the Arctic, slaughtering 320,000 seals and overfishing the waters. And clueless assholes like you think it's not only okay, but "necessary"?

Get a fucking clue. Don't bother puking out your sick opinion on matters you don't have any actual knowledge about. Just because you've heard the propaganda from those who make excuses for massive slaughter and the destruction of a balanced ecosystem doesn't mean we intelligent and well-informed people need to hear that bullshit. Save it for morons who are stupid enough to buy it, like you did.
Posted 51 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
dooda Pro User says:

This man should get his reciprocal. So should the people that buy the product. I loathe it.
Posted 50 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Suzuki Beane says:

i hope this man can hardly ever get a night's sleep. and all who see this photograph are reminded of man's inhumanity to man and to poor creatures like this, who only seek to coexist with we stupid humans who do things like this. Stop the hunt!
Posted 47 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
. Pais says:

Seals too have the right to live..............!!!!!
Posted 47 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
suzyn says:

According to HSUS, they've already killed 25K in the last 24 hours! Please sign the pledge at ...www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html & pass it on to others!
Posted 46 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
byner@sbcglobal.net Pro User says:

What a DICKHEAD!! He's looking for attention....and he got it. At 19 years old, he's on his way to the pathetic future that he deserves!
Posted 42 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Nori the Design Diva Pro User says:

That is so incredibly heartless. Clubbing would be too good for that man - he should be skinned alive. I'm continually disappointed in people...
Posted 41 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Angel_Undercover says:

I hope his kids been clubed in front him so he could see what he does.
Posted 40 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
carf Pro User says:

CARF Support Group - Everyone a Changemaker
Posted 38 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
lukedollarfineart Pro User says:

It takes something really ugly to get me fired up. This makes me furious. However, it can easily be interpreted as an allegory for what humans are doing to nature.
Posted 25 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
ldavis974 says:

I would love to walk up behind him with a Louisville Slugger and put him out!!!
Posted 25 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
carriejeanxx3 says:

They should club him to death and skin him. Yet skin him alive and if he moves club him to death. WOW this kills me to see people hurting helpless animals. But I totally agree with Idavis974!!!
Posted 23 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
FotoGraffiQue Pro User says:

If I wear a human skin parka, who do you think would throw the red paint?
Posted 22 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Isaac E Pro User says:

who took the original?
view profile
William Shropshire Pro User says:

Although I do not support seal hunting, it's going to continue. It is not wrong for us human beings to hunt; we've been doing what it takes to support ourselves with food and clothing for thousands of years.. I've never been able to see the difference between killing seals and slaughtering 30,000 chickens. Next time you have a hamburger, just think of the technique used to slaughter the cow. I think someone came along and decided they didn't like seal hunting it and deemed it cruel.

We humans don't "need" any of the slaughtering of any animals, which happens around the world. What I would like to stop, is the cruel and inhumane ways in which we treat our fellow man. Just take a look at some of the comments here, especially this one from Just_Jane, an 85 year old Holocaust survivor who suggests "they should club that guy to death". I wonder if she realizes the chicken she just ate was probably gassed to death, in order for her to buy it locally and eat it on a regular basis?

I just don't understand? Are we really that intelligent? What cruel things we say and do to each other is far more disturbing, as far as I'm concerned. I'm a happy person and live a happy life and no matter how much I am against something, I don't need to swear, threaten or belittle my fellow man. It is called respect for myself and everything around me. People, stop projecting your own self-loathing on others! Let the seal hunt continue!

Signed,
A blood thirsty vegetarian.
view profile
Isaac E Pro User says:

Nice comment. Perhaps the key point here is that the hunters could so easily use a gun or something much more humane, and also that the food chain in these areas is not doing so well and the polar bears are suffering because they also rely on the abundance of seal pups.

The other key thing to remember is that seal pups are cute and chickens arent.

Who cares if our sympathies and concerns may be unbalanced, this is a good place to start at least....
view profile
Dave Ward Photography Pro User says:

Okay, here's the thing: If you're not eating meat, stop pretending to be human. Humans evolved to eat meat. Our brains evolved because of the proteins in our meat-enriched diet.

Vegetarians are in denial about the cycle of life. Something has to die for you to live. You can't eat rocks. Life can only exist by feeding on the death of another being. Vegetarians are unable to make peace with this fact. It is not an ugly fact; it is a beautiful one. It is through death that life continues, just as it is the mound of shit that provides the nutrients to grow flowers.

Instead of the shallow "oh no, death is bad!" philosophy, look around at reality; death creates life. Without death, you cannot live.

The difference between chickens and seal pups goes far, far beyond "cute." That's a dishonest and insulting argument. And incredibly fucking stupid, too. You've watched Denis Leary's comedy routine too many times and started to believe it.

The diets of the Inuit are naturally based on seal meat. That's fine -- let the Inuit and other native people in that area hunt seal all they want. It's their culture, and it'd been their traditional diet for thousands of years. Nobody has any business messing with that.

But there's no fucking reason for white European-Americans to be running around clubbing wild baby seals. If it was really so critical, we would be FARMING seals the same way we do poultry and cattle.

When your culture is based on it, as the Inuit is, that's one thing. Let the Inuit hunt their seals. And let the Makah hunt whales too. (It's amusing to see Greenpeace, an otherwise decent organization, suddenly turn into complete flaming racists when it comes to Native American hunting practices.)

But when you're talking about us white Euro-Americans making a PROFIT from unnecessary brutality, that's entirely different. We've eaten chicken and beef ourselves for many hundreds of years; that's our culture. There's no reason to expand into clubbing baby seals. And while we do NEED to eat meat, we do NOT need to specifically eat seal meat.

A quick note to vegetarians: Fuck off. Seriously.
♥ Kawaii Angel ♥ [deleted] says:

Oh-no poor little seal!!! I cant believe it - they are cute but are stil harmed!!
Posted 21 months ago. ( permalink )
flert1 [deleted] says:

who ever took this pic should of pushed him out of the way instead of taking this pic.
view profile
Emmilein says:

This is so sad. :(
view profile
DrHobo Pro User says:

@Dave Ward Photography
Possibly the best put argument I've heard In a while. *claps*
Posted 20 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Blurr60 says:

Hear hear!
Posted 20 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
solokingnz says:

Hi Dave,
Would it be possible to use it on our website as a title image? I am launching a community/environmental/human rights surf brand here in Australasia. We are fighting to highlight enviro-enlightenment.

FlyBeach 'surf your green soul' will not be a non-for-profit but a high profit for environmental awareness, ready to launch next year, so i have limited funds to purchase the shot. But am open to price. regards Eden. solokingnz@yahoo.co.uk

Ps: Very moving shot. Disgusting, so angry but we need to see these to remind how thoughtless man can be. What a wicked world we are in. My creative talents must work harder for fight such cruality. Thankyou Dave.
Posted 19 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
ForzaOtaku says:

Stop this madness
Human doesn't need meat to live
our bodies are not designed for a meat-diet
i've beeb vegetarian for 12 years and i'm fine
besides this cruelty are not for the meat
but for their fur
why humans need their fur?
just for fashion, for that is killing those babys in such way
for no to destroy the fur
Posted 19 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
mr_eazy2you says:

thats awesome. great pic.
Posted 18 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
fabio pietrantonio says:

StopBreatheRespectStop Breathe Respect

You are invited to add this image to www.flickr.com/groups/stopbreatherespect/
Please tag this photo with StopBreatheRespect when you add it to the pool.
Posted 17 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
I LOVE T!W@I^L#I?G%H&T* says:

u are f*************** b************ you gonna go to hell whatch i hope that u die while your reading this b**********
Posted 16 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
evansajo Pro User says:

no right at all. Sorry.
Posted 16 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
caffeineandpixels Pro User says:

It's all about money. They're not killing seals because there's no other food available and it's a matter of survival. Anytime you can make a buck off of something someone's going to do it.
There is such a thing as a humane way to kill something. Skinning it alive while it's mother watches is not.
Posted 15 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
TobbyL says:

I hope that guy fall into a wood chipper!
Posted 11 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Christopher Held Pro User says:

Just say yes
Posted 9 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
aleashacasaretto says:

The Canadian Marine Mammal Regulations, which govern the hunt, stipulate sealers may kill seals with wooden clubs, hakapiks (large ice-pick-like clubs) and guns. The Seal is his cruel! Hundreds of thousands are killed every year. There are no penalties if a hunter exceeds the government's quota. Seals are killed primarily for their fur, which is used to produce fashion garments and other items. The seal hunt is not economically important.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )
view profile
Angel_Undercover says:

I Hope They Kill This Guy's Children Right In Front Of Him.
I Would Be More Than Happy To Know That Actually Happened.
That Bastard Deserves A Terrible And Painful Death.
Posted 2 months ago. ( permalink )

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明