on qian

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 短江学者 于 2009-10-31, 19:37:08:

回答: 老钱去世,悼念一把。 由 哈哈哈 于 2009-10-31, 19:18:15:

钱也有困惑的时刻,但大部分是决定了的就一往无前不改道。这种人生策略跟下不了贼船的境遇共同造成后来种种。

http://pr.caltech.edu/periodicals/CaltechNews/articles/v36/tsien.htm

引用:
There’s always been a kind of single-mindedness about his work. He decides what is to be done and he organizes it and does it. He does not stop to think halfway through, is this really what I should be working on? And I believe he adopted the same attitude once he returned to China. He did not take time to indulge in speculation or fantasies about “what might have been.” He never indicated to me that he had. He was confronted with a new set of problems, and he devoted himself to working full time to solve them.

引用:
We weren’t able to talk much during my most recent visit, but when I saw him in 1991 and again in 1996, we had some very interesting conversations. I think in general we both felt less constrained than we had during our reunion in 1981. One comment he made to me in 1991 particularly stands out: “You know, Frank, we’ve done a lot for China. People have enough food. They’re working and progress is being made. But Frank, they’re not happy.” He felt very bad about that—almost, I think, a little bit responsible for it, although it was not an area he was involved in at all. His area of activity was military and civilian rocketry, and this was strictly a personal observation. That was about as far as he ever went in saying that things were not ideal.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明