My unpleasant experience with 东方航空

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: vs 于 2005-2-09, 14:10:46:

回答: 真为中国有东方航空这样的公司感到耻辱!! 由 btw2 于 2005-2-09, 09:30:08:

About 2.5 years ago, I booked a round-trip ticket for my father-in-law in Dalian. The ticket was $750. The ticket could have been issued in Beijing, but I thought there was plenty of time, and the recipient was not in Beijing, so mailing the ticket to Dalian seemed was a better way. The travel agency ensured us that in case the ticket was lost in the mail, you can claim lost ticket to 东方航空, and they will refund all the ticket cost after a deductable of $100. So we mailed the ticket via UPS Express Mail, but the worst thing happened: the ticket was never received.
We went to the agancyto ask them to file a claim to 东方航空 for us. Now the story changed: we have to wait for 180 days before we can file (they said this is to prove that the ticket was really not used) claim, and the deductable goes from $100 to $200. So we wait. After the waiting period was over, the agnecy filed a claim for us to 东方航空. We checked numerous times with the agency about the claim status, everyitme 东方航空 said it was in process. Then about thress months later, 东方航空 told the us that they cannot refund us because the ticket was used by someone! It was a shock to us and then after some thinking, we thought it couldn't be used! First, my father-in-law is a Hongkong resident and carries a Hongkongese name which spells quite different from those from the Mainland, second, a person has to have the exactly name (with offical ID) as my father-in-law to be able to board the plane. What is the chance for such a person to intercept the mail and flew from Beijing to L.A? So we asked 东方航空 what was the passenger's name to use the ticket, but they refuse to answer any detail. They just insisted the ticket was used so they cannot refund us. No further explanation at all. BTW, all this I had to deal with the main office in Shanghai, because only they process such claims.
I though about bring them to court to get my money back, and also want to know what's really going on there, but after some research I gave up. Local city or State goverment has no jurisdiction over aviation companies, so you have to go the the Federal level to bring a charge or file a customer claim. It's too much a trouble. I can only swear to myself that I'll never board 东方航空, at any time, any place.
So the ticket money was never recoverd (The UPS did refund $100 to us to compensation of the lost), and my father-in-law couldn't come because of this incident!
My guess is either 东方航空 didn't want to refund us, or some insider within 东方航空 claimed the money. So they just fabricated a story to be their excuse to refund us.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl