Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 过客1234 于 2008-04-16, 04:23:11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-lJu5ibAM8&feature=related

FYI:

On March 10, 2003, 10 days before the Iraq war, Natalie Maines, a native Texan, the lead singer of the country band Dixie Chicks, told a London crowd, "Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas."

As the consequence of making the comment, their music got boycotted, their CDs got crushed. They were branded as "traitor" and received death threats.

President Bush did not seem to bother about the comment. In an interview he responded, "The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind. They can say what they want to say...they shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out...Freedom is a two-way street...I don't really care what the Dixie Chicks said. I want to do what I think is right for the American people, and if some singers or Hollywood stars feel like speaking out, that's fine. That's the great thing about America. It stands in stark contrast to Iraq..."

4 years later, when Bush's popularity skydived, the Dixie Chicks brought home 5 Grammy Awards including Record Of The Year, Album Of The Year, and Song Of The Year. "I think people are using their freedom of speech tonight with all these awards." Natalie Maines said to the Grammy audience.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明