About Santa

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: Aza 于 2007-12-26, 22:11:20:

回答: 关于圣诞老人的传说 由 Aza 于 2007-12-26, 22:05:22:

About Santa

Zoe started questioning about Santa last year when she was eight.

“Do you believe in Santa?” She asked me.

I did not know what to say.

Dad had long been sick and tired of the Santa mania. “I am going to tell them the truth!” he muttered.

I couldn’t bear seeing her childhood dreams shattered. “Please don’t. They will figure it out themselves.” I pleaded.

Every year I would awake them on the morning of Christmas with excitement: “Kids, Get up! Santa has been here!”

I would watch them open the gifts with joy.

Zoe always had lots of questions: “How come Santa used our gift wrap to wrap the gifts?”

Oops, next year I’d better hide the gift wrap in my bag. “ Oh, Santa was too busy to wrap the gifts before he came to our house, so he used our gift wrap.”

Zoe and her sister started to write letters to Santa since they first learned how to write.

The first letter they wrote was two-pages long. The letter ended with the following request:

“We really like babies, can you give us a baby brother as a gift as well?

I told them, Santa has to take care of all the kids in the world, so the gifts are limited to two per kid. And Santa does not give babies as gifts.

This year Zoe is nine and still obsessed with Santa. Once she asked her sister Lea, who is two years older: ” Do you believe in Santa?”

Lea replied with a shrug: “ I don’t know. I don’t care.”

Not discouraged by the indifference, Zoe declared in a firm voice : “ I do believe in Santa.”

One day we saw a lady in a Santa-suit in Kmart, Lea told me “ that is Mrs. Claus”

I said: “My god! I can’t believe Santa is married!”

She said: “What’s so surprising? You are married too.”

“What does Mrs. Claus do everyday?

“Making hot chocolate for Mr. Claus.

“What else?”

“Cooking! Santa does not know how to cook.”

Lea is an apple lover and we are always running out of apples in the house

Zoe told Lea: “Maybe you should ask Santa for fruit this year.”

I asked them to write a letter to Santa ASAP. “If Santa couldn’t receive the letter before Christmas, there wouldn’t be any gifts.”

Zoe suggested: “Send him a email.”

I laughed. “What is Santa’s email address? Santa@claus.com?”

Dad always comes to the rescue at critical moments: “NO! It should be Alixxxxxxxx@yahoo.com”

Hours later I received an email:

Dear Santa,

We are all very good girls. My mom told me I couldn’t get a gift if I didn’t get straight A’a in school. But you don’t really look at kid’s grades, do you?

I was going to ask for something very expensive, but Dad told me that you are broke because the economy is not so good and you lost money in the stock market.

Please don’t gamble in the stock market anymore. Dad said you could only lose. If you lose, does that mean we won’t have any gift next year?

Well, I want a Game Boy Advance SP and a Play Station 2. My sister’s name is Lea, you can give her some games so we can play together.

P.S. I also have two cats, Lucky and Tortese. They don’t have any toys to play so they destroyed my mom’s new coat. Please bring them some toys and bring my Mom a new coat because my mom is mad at them.

Love,

Zoe

I thought “Damn! Even cats have to be bought Christmas gifts.”

I took the email and went shopping with Dad.

I asked the clerk: “Do you have Playboy Game 2?”

The clerk looked at me astonished.

Dad was furious.

He pulled me aside and whispered angrily: “What are you talking about? You certainly have been in this country long enough to know what Playboy is!”

I didn’t know what he was talking about: “What do you mean? Your daughters want a Playboy Game 2, what’s wrong with that?

“Read the email more carefully!”

Oops. Maybe I should start to pay some serious attention to all aspects of American culture, to save myself from some future embarrassment.

柳蝉
December 24, 2003 4:49 PM

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明