Call for a boycott to McDonald's

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: mangolasi 于 2005-9-23, 12:28:31:

Today I found a small leaflet in McDonald's (yup, I went there to grab a supersize french fries and coke), claiming that they don't use ANY GM food or GM feed fed chicken/cattle/pigs/etc, at least in UK (together with the committement of animal welfare).

OK, I don't care you sell unhealthy food--selling food w/ high fat low fiber to kids isn't a nice thing to do, but it's also their guardances' obligation to make sure the kids have only healthy food. And as an adult, of course, I am responsible for me own waisteline.

But they make the decision of not using GM related food for ME. As a big client for many food ingredients, their refusual is not a small blow to the GM argriculture. They don't have to do it. Use it and keep it silent won't hurt that much. Why not put more energy on developing more tasted and healthy food, and promote them? Hypocritical.

If McDonald's really want to be a responsible business, sponsoring GM food research, promoting GM food proven to be safe, helping to reduce the food price and make food more cheaply available to people in poor country, is doing much more good than promoting animal welfare (not an emeny of Peter Singer. Not a fan either).

But if it's not entirely McDonald's fault, rather, it's the environment here is so hostile to GM food that McDonald's is unable to carry out business unless...I just feel the hypocrisy of those gentiles in western countries...driving SUV to the forest and eating organic food...oh, how nice to be in tune with the nature! Let those can not afford organic food starved (I still can not forgive the GMphorbic what made some African countries declined the food aid corn from America when facing famine a couple years ago).

I decided to go for Burger King for my random indulgence to junk food, though much less tasted. If those fast-food chains in this country all plead on a "natural ingredients" selection, it's good time to lose weight...

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl