Chatlottesville #1 issue is violence

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: kma 于 2017-08-18, 10:06:51:

回答: 川普必须走人 由 silxirt 于 2017-08-17, 23:05:48:

Not political views.

Trump said both sides, I can,t help agreeing, look from the short video clips, there were lots of people with clubs, who were those, at least some were anti side, right? we clearly saw many hit the killing car with clubs.

Many famous people said such comments like there is no place, no tolerance... what does it exactly mean? The law clearly said, no matte what view, as long as peaceful, it's within the law, even the most disgusting one like nazi symbols.

Actually there were quite such extreme activities before, many in southern GOP states, not much attention due to no violence. In Charlottesville case, Friday evening the demonstration already started, but not much violence. The next day, only after anti side got alerted, then we saw tragedy. I remembered an NPR interview of the anti side, what about 1st amendment, the answer: it only applied to government, we were not bound by it, we did not have to tolerate.

Ihopethereisathrough investigation by police, look carefully at all available videos, what moment, who started violence, what happened before the car hitting scene, was it premeditated or provoked.

Forget about political views, first. Let us get the whole pic of what really happened on that Saturday, why violence happened.

Rule of law is essence, no matter view, all sides must obey the law. Don,t like the law, challenge the law, ask for change, but do not take the law in to own hands.

And how to deal with extreme views? Peaceful reaction is the only right way. Denounce it, social pressure... use words, pens, not clubs.

And peaceful activities like:

University expels student, employer fires employee, organizations strip awards, benefits , cut ties.... in my eyes, good enough. If extreme people upset, welcome lawsuits, I would like to see every one respect law, respect judge decision.

Btw, I am total a leftie on social issues, I could not wait for all those statues to be removed. I just hate violence even more, we human beings already shed too much blood in our history, we better learn something.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明