some comments

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 求真 于 2017-02-16, 13:27:20:

回答: UC Berkeley suffers big loss in CRISPR 由 求真 于 2017-02-16, 09:07:55:

Kenneth Hulse

12:23 PM EST

the technology is amazing but it seems to me if it was created in a school using taxpayer funds then it should belong to the public. These universities all too often sell the patent at a large price to pharmacy type companies which then charge us astronomical prices

donjeep1937

2/15/2017 6:08 PM EST

Since there are no other comments, it is obvious that nobody pays attention and that is very sad. This story is a paradox. On one hand, you have very smart dedicated researchers of both college staff and students at all levels, on the other you have a very broad base of the US population that has really dumbed down and don't know they are being robbed.
Now, why would I say that? These patients will benefit these universities for decades. Guess where the money came from to fund all of this research. It came directly from the US taxpayer in the form of grants and other payments by the US government. Will any of that be returned to benefit our dwindling treasury? Do not hold your breath. This system of theft is not unique to the education community. Drug companies have long benefitted from government funds for development of products they then patient with nothing returned.

Juanito Macondo

2/15/2017 10:28 PM EST

Completely agree with you. We pay for the grants, the facilities, and in most cases for the education of the scientists themselves via NIH and NSF funds but at the end all the money goes to private shareholders.

Kenneth Hulse

12:26 PM EST

you are so right. I posted something similar before I saw yours. The real complaint I have is public money used to create something the drug companies will buy and charge us huge sums for so they can go on doing no research while running endless TV ads.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明