a hot day of morning in subway

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: cornbug 于 2013-07-08, 10:51:11:

Out of house at 9:00, the train was running timely. I encountered a crowed of people looking to the exit when I changed the train in Manhattan. I saw a black woman handcuffed was pushed by two train security guys out of the station. People hailed and for what? I wondered.

Not destructed by the incidence I made my way through the crowds to the very end of the platform where there were only few people. A empty train sitting on the track blowing the heat waves into this already hot and humid station that was over 100-year old.

The next thing I could image was the delay. The empty train was pulled out and the information board showed Delay. Repeated announcements said that due to police investigation ... signal malfunction at ... take the downtown express train...then take the local back ...

I was anxious and my whole body was wet while smelling the summer tunnel odors mixed with human wastes and the nearby body cocktail of perfume and perspiration.

Finally a train came, it was empty. I was enjoyed air conditioning inside. The train went up several stations and I heard the announcement again. This time it said the local train would become express. I cursed and got off for the next. My destination was just a station away, man! The next train came and no sooner than I got in I heard the fucking announcement again, another express!

The train came again and I took it to the next station. I rushed to the exit I used to go to and it was blocked. I turned around to got out. It was on the other side of the street. It bought a coke and walked to work.

It was 11:05.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明