A Statement About Mr. Jeffrey Beall's Defamatory Blog Post

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: 方舟子 于 2014-02-24, 14:29:23:

1. What I have been "trashing" for 14 years is not "science", but pseudoscience, fraud or misconduct. My campaign against academic corruption in China has nothing to do with MDPI business. My activities have been reported many times by Science, Nature, New Scientist, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc and honored by several international and national awards, including the John Maddox Prize (by Nature) and Cliff Robertson Sentinel Award (by ACFE).
2. I am not a friend of Dr. Shu-Kun Lin's. He is not my "patron" either. I don't have personal relationship with him. In fact, Dr. Lin is just one of many fans of mine.
3. I have never received a stipend from Dr. Shu-Kun Lin. I am the most popular and successful science writer in China and make a living by publishing articles and books. I don't receive any stipends, kickbacks or protection rackets from anyone. Mr. Jeffrey Beall claims he has a report about my receiving a stipend from Dr. Shu-Kun Lin. I am sure the so-called "report" is not from a credible source, but just another canard created by a sick mind.

Mr. Jeffrey Beall has right to maintain a list of questionable publishers, but based on my experience with him, he is not qualified to do so. He hesitated to correct an obvious factual error. He believes and spreads rumors and canards, no matter how ridiculous they are. He labels anyone with different opinions as "Lin's lackey". It's sad that a highly regarded blacklist is maintained by a person clearly lacking discipline knowledge, professionalism, good judgment, responsibility and integrity. I will do my best to let science community know the truth and "trash" this list.

Shi-min Fang

引用:
I’ve also angered someone named Fang Zhouzi (real name Shi-min Fang, or Fang Shi-min). He apparently markets himself as a Chinese science watchdog, trashing science published in journals other than those published by his friend Shu-Kun Lin, from whom he reportedly receives a stipend.

Fang is feverishly searching for dirt about me on the internet and publishing whatever he finds in his U.S.-based blog, all to defend his patron, Lin.

http://scholarlyoa.com/2014/02/24/under-pressure-mdpi-tries-to-clean-house-retracts-paper/

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明