不奇怪,你也是个瞎子

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: gadfly 于 2012-05-05, 03:44:11:

回答: 你很喜欢睁眼说瞎话啊,你看的中文版纽约时报吧 由 磁人 于 2012-05-05, 01:43:29:

好,我先随手列出前面一小部分涉及陈某来美国的部分,太多了列出来手酸。有关美国国内政治的就不罗列了,怀疑陈光诚能随便给美国国会打电话却要“避难”的也不列了。下面该你来列出赞同光诚兄一家来美国吃福利的读者评论。

链接在此:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/05/world/asia/chen-guangcheng-study-abroad-china.html?ref=asia#comments

Bill Simon NY, NY 说道:

Mr. Chen's courage to fight despite all the sufferings throughout the years is certainly deserved applaud. His decision to leave China however is a bad move for his course. He would soon be forgotten in the country.

May 5, 2012 at 1:57 a.m.

weijia wang, NYU 说道:

As a student at NYU, I am disappointed at how much this school is involved in this political case, especially when he is offered scholarship and what, law school, by taxpayers?

May 5, 2012 at 1:57 a.m. RECOMMEND 1

lhw Manhattan 说道:

In his 8 days in the limelight, Mr. Chen has managed to speak only of his own self interest and not a single quote regarding his supposed cause - his work against the one-child policy.
To suggest that he could hitch a ride on the Secretary of State's plane is pretty brazen - or out of touch.
I have also been wondering why no journalist has expanded on the fact that he has managed to have two children despite the one-child policy. Is it perhaps because explaining that the one-child policy grants many exceptions complicates the villainous face of China on the issue of population control? Or is it because he was obviously able to get away with it, as have so many other Chinese?

Now he's managed to secure a fellowship at a school of higher education here. Within the same reports of this recent scholarly arrangement, he also talks about wanting to "rest for a few months".
He's not formally educated in law in China, he's just a home schooled legal activist. He's not a lawyer at all and wants to take a sabbatical already. Journalists are putting quite a spin on this unstable crank and helping him get his way.

I have family in China. They all say it's so easy to immigrate to the U.S. So much more than any other western country.

Resident in Beijing beijing 说道:

So, it is now time to move on.

When someone else like Chen comes knocking on the doors of a U.S. diplomatic mission in China, just make American university study on American scholarship a routine solution.

k.y.terry minneapolis mn usa 说道:

from now on chinese who want to come to the U.S. with tuition and plane fare paid (even they may not speak a word of english) can attend colleges or university as long as they convince U.S. officials that they're being persecuted by the chinese govt and whatever stories that make americans feel we are a better country, they get to come here and be a celebrity for the media for a week? and who knows what happen later as this particular case he cannot speak english and wants to attend a US law school? what is going on. I assume some folks here will pick up their tab for living expenses and hopefully not the tax payers.

May 4, 2012 at 6:34 p.m. RECOMMEND 13

47 Los Angeles 说道:

Stop calling Mr Chen a lawyer. He does not have a law degree. You can't simply pick up a textbook and become a lawyer. He needs to pass the bar exam, even in a country like China.

You may call him a home-schooled legal activist.

May 4, 2012 at 6:04 p.m. RECOMMEND 19

steve Boulder, CO 说道:

A blind home-schooled legal activist, who's very adept at gaming the system. If I were Ms. Clinton, I'd be furious at his behavior.

May 5, 2012 at 1:57 a.m. RECOMMEND

Tony HSouth Pasadena CA 说道:

So the publicity agile Mr. Chen has brilliantly trumped U.S. diplomats and won himself a ticket to America and media breathlessly waiting to give him global stature, together with Chinese-American "activists" who will emerge from obscurity for their ffifteen minutes of fame. Why not top up his victory by giving him the ride back on the Secretary of State's plane, as he suggested yesterday, after hanging up from his call to Congress. Will he even bother to set foot on the campus of NY University? This whole escapade doessn't pass the smell test. I see Chinese
chicanary in here.,

May 4, 2012 at 5:58 p.m. RECOMMEND 11

emm305SC 说道:

Bob Fu: "...he believed China had agreed to allow Mr. Chen to travel because “the mentality is to get rid of a high profile troublemaker as soon as possible.” "

And, that was the whole purpose of scheduling this escape to the American Embassy during Clinton's visit, right, Mr. Fu?

Mr. Chen is very obviously a flake and the Embassy and State Department made a serious mistake when they left the grounds and brought him back. Bad, bad move.
May 4, 2012 at 4:37 p.m. RECOMMEND 15

Diogenes Port Orange, Fl 说道:

I have one question: who pays for him to come here and study?

May 4, 2012 at 5:58 p.m. RECOMMEND 6

beverly traverse city mi 说道:

I am trying to understand what this ChinaAid Association is all about, other than ministries for persecuted Christian underground church members. How does Mr. Chen fit in to the scene; what is his religious background? In a PBS piece, a Chinese law scholar said the law regarding one child and forced abortion/steriliztion has been abandoned in China, although there appears to be some local (do we dare say vigilantes) enforcement of it. What really is this confusing brouhaha all about? Not to appear small minded, I note that one of my granddaughters would like to attend NYU, but hasn't the funds. I wonder what political chips were called in for Mr. Chen's fellowship. I hope he will come to the U.S. and learn English and the differnce between "kiss" and "meet," I am beginning to think he might fit in better in Midland TX with the ChinaAid folks.

May 4, 2012 at 4:37 p.m. RECOMMEND 13

Matthew Poiset California 说道:

Three of the most powerful American political and economic players are in China (Clinton, Geithner, and Bernanke) discussing the fate of U.S.-China relations, and the media is caught up in this sideshow that appears nothing more than a distraction to the long-term implications of the health of our economy. Shameful! The PBS Newshour devoted 15 minutes of their hour long program to this nonsense. Where is the real coverage of the negotiations between the world's two superpowers?

May 4, 2012 at 4:26 p.m. RECOMMEND 25

BSB Princeton 说道:

Agree completely. So much attention being paid to an obscure "dissident" who can't seem to make up his mind whether he wants to remain in China or hop on a plane with Ms. Clinton, come to the US and further his education. Seems a bit looney to me.

May 4, 2012 at 5:46 p.m. RECOMMEND 9

Portia2708 Reading, PA 说道:

Why is he being offered anything? Most foreign students have to jump through hoops to get here and if he is doing a fellowship, how will he do that when he can't speak English...this is nothing more than a trumped up issue to distract from this mission

May 4, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.RECOMMEND4

BSB Princeton 说道:

Great, a "visiting scholar" who doesn't speak English. Just what NYU needs.

May 4, 2012 at 5:46 p.m.RECOMMEND4

SO? It is NOT our country...he should stay and fight that battle there...not come here...we don't need more agitaters...OR people who need help with college aid or welfare...will the US taxpayers fund him and his family? why?

May 4, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.RECOMMEND6

Laurence Svirchev Chengdu, China 说道:

The man got the deal he asked for, then he backs out and asks for another deal. It doesn't sound like an inter-governmental crisis to me. It sounds like a manufactured set-up stemming from US politics. I just wish someone would pay for my post-graduate studies, including flights in minister-level seats on government aircraft.

May 4, 2012 at 2:58 p.m. RECOMMEND 29

How Typical San Marino NYT Pick 说道:

How would studying law in the US help Mr. Chen with his human rights activities in China? Shouldn't he be studying Chinese law instead of US laws? Mr. Chen needs a good grasp of Chinese law to further his activist activities and help Chinese citizens in China.
May 4, 2012 at 2:36 p.m. REPLYRECOMMEND 21

Amature Historian NYC 说道:

I don't know why anti-Beijing people/groups keep saying Chinese cannot be trusted and they will violate human right whenever possible.

Beijing has agreed to conditions Chen laid out twice even after Chen went back on his earlier agreement. Beijing treats Chen as a small time activist because Chen is a small time activist. He doesn't know what he wants and proved to be easily swayed by those around him.

He also doesn't appear to have much principle. All he focused on is getting a law degree, get family out of China and hogging the spotlight. All he has ever said is his alleged treatment by local officials, his daring escape and he wants to ride on Hillary Clinton's plane. Where is his statement on human right?

I highly highly doubt Chen was in much of a house arrest. It seems the private guards were there to keep reporters from his non-sense. So much of his tale of intrigue requires suspension of isbelief that it is impossible. Scale walls, evade guards, walk nine miles through rice paddy and forest, assemble cellphone, dial contact and hide for hours waiting for pickup all without the help of sight and direction.

BTW, is he going to receive scholarship and SSI benefit once in the US because he is disabled? I guess we’ll have more tale of intrigue from him.

May 4, 2012 at 2:05 p.m.REPLYRECOMMEND 26

emm305SC 说道:

Any failure involves letting this flake on the US Embassy grounds.

May 4, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.RECOMMEND4

A canadian who doesn't know how to pay tax Toronto 说道:

One thing that I really want to say is that even in China, a lawyer needs a proper license. I do not think Mr. Chen has or even had a license. Thus, he is not a lawyer. Please stop misleading people, NYT.
May 4, 2012 at 1:58 p.m. RECOMMEND 21

WHO CARES...really...this country has more problems than we can cope with and we should all be concerned with ONE Chinese agitater? There are lots of people around the world who need help...we can't help, NOR should we try to help everyone...we need to focus on our own people and our problems
May 4, 2012 at 3:41 p.m. RECOMMEND 11

Straight arrow Seattle WA 说道:

I think China will be the one having the last laugh.

A 40 year old blind man not knowing any English coming here to study law!!!! He will generate a lot of publicity at the beginning but after a few years, he will feel miserable and wanted to go back to China. China will then use him as an example to show the world that “the grass is not greener over the other side” and he being an opportunist will go along with the CCP line.

The tax payers get screwed paying for his family 'vacation' in the US and ended up being a laughing stock in China – “you see, US is not sure a great place to live”. As the proverb from the Chinese classic said 賠了夫人又折兵 – translation “Losing your wife and your army”, interpretation – “Making double losses in a deal or losing on both sides of it”.

The politicians and general population supporting him here are idiots. The US embassy in China should prepared to handle thousands of dissidents wanting to 'study in the US'.
May 4, 2012 at 1:55 p.m. RECOMMEND 17

Jenny Cleveland, OH 说道:

It is a joke to study law in US. Once he is in US, he will apply asylum and living on welfare or special funding from US govement, just like other chinese dissidents. He wants to live a better life and dissident/activist is just his tool to get there.

May 4, 2012 at 2:30 p.m. RECOMMEND 11

THANK YOU...you are exactly right...why are so many on here wanting to bend over to help him...he is just another trouble maker and we don't need anymore of those...let's use our time and money to help Americans

May 4, 2012 at 3:41 p.m. RECOMMEND 9

farhorizons philadelphia 说道:

What about similar arrangements for American dissidents? And no applicant for a student visa would pass muster at any Embassy without adequate language skills. Secretary of State Clinton chose not to upset China by giving Chen political asylum when she had the chance to; now she wants to atone by giving him something he is ineligible for, a student visa. "O, what a tangled web we weave when once we purpose to deceive..."

May 4, 2012 at 1:44 p.m. RECOMMEND 7

后面还有上百个吧?不列了

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明