Ping Fu Is Destroying Her Ghost Writer MS MeiMei Fox

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: jizi 于 2013-02-20, 20:40:03:

In her latest move, Ping Fu is not only betraying co-author, Ms. MeiMei Fox, but also destroying her reputation as a truthful and trustworthy ghost writer, of the so-called memoir “Bend, Not Break: A Life in Two Worlds.”

Ms. Fox “wrote it wrong,” she was quoted as saying by Mr. Didi Kirsten Tatlow of the International Herald Tribune, “I corrected it three times but it didn’t get correct.” Apparently, in Ping Fu’s eyes Ms. Fox is the one to blame for many of “the result of exaggeration.” When it comes to the first author of the book, Ping Fu herself, she is an innocent target, and thus a victim, of a “smear campaign” launched by “Chinese nationalists” for “reasons she doesn’t really understand.”

A little more than two months ago, Ms. Fox, in her promotion piece “An Inspirational True Story of Resilience and the American Dream,” was boasting her “working with Ping …has been the best experience of my entire publishing career” and Ping Fu is “a living embodiment of my mantra, “Fear Less, Love More.” Too bad that it’s Ms. Fox that “wrote it wrong” in the first place and then stuck to what was wrong despite Ping Fu’s correction “three times.” How come the “best experience of my entire publishing career” turns into incriminating Ping Fu through inaccuracies and even falsehoods in a memoir , which otherwise would be full of authentic, true stories of Ping Fu’s life and “emotional memory”? And why did Ms. Fox do this to Ping Fu? Out of jealousy? Not likely, since Ms. Fox admits that “(a)bove all, Ping Fu is one of the most generous, compassionate, and wise people I've ever had the honor to know”. Non-professionalism? Possibly, since, according to Ping Fu, Ms. Fox may have ‘‘just made some searches on the Internet that maybe weren’t correct.’’ Ignorance? Definitely, since, according to Ping Fu again, Ms. Fox “doesn’t know China’s geography.’’

To be fair, in spite of being pinpointed by Ping Fu as the ONLY culprit of the inaccuracies and falsehoods in their joint venture, Ms. Fox is not without merits when she describes Ping Fu as an incarnate of “fear less.” Indeed, Ping Fu is “FEARLESS” in volunteering different versions of her “true” stories, in different interviews, different locations, and different times. Her latest version of “period police” is that it was not the university authorities’ finger that invaded girl students’ body, but “their own finger.” Well, how many versions are still in store for us, the “mob” as condemned by His Honorable Sir Harold Evans, we never know. But as long as you look to Ping Fu for delightful surprises, you will never get disappointed.

Indeed, His Honorable Sir Harold Evans made a valid observation in his masterpiece “The Persecution of Ping Fu”: “The campaign has morphed into a vindictive effort to destroy her life, to have her honors and awards withdrawn, the pending sale of Geomagic disrupted” – the campaign, the hate campaign kicked off and orchestrated by Ping Fu, against legitimate challengers to the truthfulness of her “autobiography”, appears to be moving in this direction, thanks to Ping Fu and her like. His Honorable Sir Harold Evans, without doubt, is an outstanding contributor to, and active promoter of, this effort.

What His Honorable Sir Harold Evans may fail to observe is that Ping Fu is not only destroying herself, with more and new versions of her “true” story, but also pulling down her collaborators, friends, supporters, and defenders with her. Take His Honorable Sir Harold Evans as an example. How much hate does it take a person with basic human decency to call “Lin”, a mother of two who was among the first to come out to question Ping Fu’s story, “male, female, or hermaphrodite”?

After all, as you sow so shall you reap. It’s fair enough, isn’t it?

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明