傅新元在120公开信终稿发布前作说明和解释的e-mail。

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: limitations 于 2006-5-17, 12:50:32:

Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 12:56 AM
Subject: Revised2: An open letter on research integrity in China
Importance: High

(Please keep this communication to yourself and your colleagues until it is published, thanks!)

Dear Colleagues:

By the end of last week, I have received a large number of emails concerning with the open statement/letter. Among them, close to 70 scientists/PI have endorsed and agreed to sign the open letter. The support from you is strong and I have been overwhelmed in responding to emails. It has shown that all of us are indeed concerned with recent events involving research integrity in China.

Many of you have made comments, suggestions and corrections. The revised letter below (also attached) is now a piece of work done collectively by many of us. There are three major modifications. I list below for your reference.

1. As I said in the last email, we do not want to take any side in any case. The original point 3 in the original statement was questioned by several colleagues. In the this revised version, it was removed to reach a greater consensus.

2. Furthermore, it was suggested that many of scientists might not be familiar with the Wei-Si' s case. Thus, to avoid any possibility of partial involvement, we do not mention any specific case in this revised letter.

3. The new point 5 is added as a suggestion, appealing to establishing courses on research integrity in China.

There are several other modifications in the tone and the wording.

Please note that since we are to send this out in Chinese too, thus send me your affiliation and your Chinese name, if you would or have already endorsed and signed.

Please read this over and if you have further comments and suggestions please let me know.

I will send the final version and list of these signed to you for final verification and approval before it is sent out for publication.

It was suggested to send this letter first to the following officials:

Mr. Zhou Ji, the Minister of Education,
Mr. Xu Guanhua
Mr. Lu Yongxiang, the President of CAS.
Mr. Chen Yiyu

教育部部长 周济,
科技部部长 徐冠华,
中国科学院院长 路甬祥,
国家自然科学基金委员会主任 陈宜瑜,

After the letter is delivered to them, we will seek to publish it. Hopefully we may achieve a greater impact by doing this way.

Since it is a big holiday season in China now, we may have to wait this to be delivered next week.

Cordially,

Xin-Yuan

Xin-Yuan Fu, Ph. D.
Professor
Department of Microbiology and Immunology
Walther Oncology Center
Indiana University School of Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, MS 420
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5120
Phone: 317-274-2082
Fax: 317-274-4090
E-mail: xfu@IUPUI.edu
http://www.iupui.edu/%7Emicro/fu.html

(Limitation 注:该e-mail带有作为附件的公开信中英文稿,此处没有贴出)

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl