Equatorial's case is very special.

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: mangolasi 于 2006-3-03, 16:48:03:

回答: 国家的穷富 由 gentoo 于 2006-3-03, 14:37:24:

It has only population of less than 600k, but the oil production (you can use a more precise # of prod-consumption difference, but it won't change the conclusion that much as the relative magnitude is too small) is 420k bbl/day, compare to another oil-rich but populatd country Nigeria with population of more than 120m (so more than 200 times of population of EG), with roughly 2.5m bbl/day (so 5-6 times of E.G's production). So the oil per capita of EG is about 33 times that of Nigeria. Crude oil is comodity so the price is the same around the world.

The GDP per capita for E.G. compare to that of Nigeria? 50k compare to 1k, roughly 50 times. Actually, when use the more precise # of population (I round them off), you can get a # closer to 50. So I guess, apart from the oil, these 2 countries' economy is about the same shape.

I check Angola, and finding Angola is doing much worse than Nigeria and E.G. as E.G.'s oil per capita is 6 times of Angola's, but with GDP per capita of 25 times.

When you look at the top, you can find some oblivious names (to people not familiar with the tax haven and off-shore finance) like Bermuda or Cayman Island. Those are becuase their special tax policy and very small population, hence the GDP is skewed to the superrich residing there (but probably their main economy activity is performed in countries like US). To some extend, Switzerland's afluence is due to this factor but we this country still has great industries.

In short, if a country is small, it's more likely that the "average" is not really "average" at all. It might luck. However, if a country is of a reasonable size (in terms of population), you can see more or less how the economy is doing, especially you are comparing countries with simliar natural resource to population ratio.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl