Kao! I must be really bored.

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl

送交者: skipper3 于 2006-2-26, 15:40:48:

An unknown 14 years old student in Poland contacted my via skype asking me to comment on his/her English speech which is to be delivered in a few days. Below is original essay. S/he said there is only 3 hours of English class each week. So I would say the work is not bad. It's also interesting to see how Polish school train their students.

"I’m going to talk about advantages and disadvantages of genetic engineering. Genetic engineering is manipulation of DNA to change it. This topic is the focus of a lot of discussions. Thanks to genetic engineering, we can stop the incurable diseases like AIDS. Secondly, if we modify some genes in a plant, it can become more productive and we’ll have more food then. Fruits and vegetables will be able to be better and healthier. We’ll be able to clone animals too, and stop the famine problems in the developing world. What is more, genetic engineering will help scientist and doctors in reconstructing human tissues and organs. If we make human clones we have more organs to operations and then less people will died. Finally, we can try to help nature and people, or do nothing and if scientists stop working, our lives won’t improve. But it isn’t so easier, because genetic engineering have a lot of disadvantages too. If we modify one gene other genes will change as a result. First of all, it’s possible to create monsters if we continue experiments. More over genetic engineering is against animal rights. Animals can’t decide that they want to be part of cruel experiments. We hurt them, when we’re testing drugs and cosmetics in them. Finally, we can destroy the environment and make that people become extinct. In my opinion we have to trying make world better, but we can make the experiments on animal living cells and tissues. We have a good technology, so we can do that, and we won’t hurt animals then."

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码(可选项): 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容(可选项):

URL(可选项):
URL标题(可选项):
图像(可选项):

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛http://www.xys.org/cgi-bin/mainpage.pl