Re: Wondering on Dr. Tinxi Liu

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: xysreader88 于 2007-02-28, 14:56:28:

I believe I have addressed the issue before in defense of Dr. Liu. The simple answer to wondering is:

Are you trying to pick bone from an egg?
What is your goal?

Instead of happy for Dr. Liu for his achievement, you are trying to suppress the work and achievement of Dr. Liu.

If Dr. Liu is listed as a joint first author, but on the second position, you will not be as generous as saying that his contribution is no less than the first one. The simple truth is always the first one has all the attention, the second one have the same bragging rights but less known for people unfamiliar with the work. That is why everyone still try to be the first one, and most likely the one ending up in the first spot contribued more indeed.

Another thing is: Dr. Liu collaborated with Dr. Look for many years, why using 2005 as a point to determine when the collaboration begin? Yes, idea is important, but in Biology, ideas are cheap, whoever finished the job deserve a lot, if not the same recoginition as the senior author. Dr. Liu did a wonderful job and is helping China to establish a zebra fish research model in China. He is very low key and modelest. As his friend and Harvard colleague, with email connection, he never mentioned this articale to me.

Do not use internet as a way to hurt others. This kind of post on XYS sounds like dazhibao to me. Do not envy others' work, give more praise to those who truly deserve it.

Thanks

Lidai

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明)