but does that really help?

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: TheScientist 于 2007-02-11, 20:16:05:

回答: 肖在美国打官司,目的并不是在美国人民中挽回他的名誉, 由 Yush 于 2007-02-11, 17:25:46:

I agree that Dr. Xiao wants to bankrupt Dr. Fang financially. However you can convict him any crime in the Chinese media all you want or can. When the law suit comes to trial, all of these count as naught. I am surprised that Dr. Fang does not have a lawyer yet. Any reasonable competent lawyer will tell Dr. Fang do not make any public comments about this case before or during the trial. People in Dr. Fang's camp should think about how to counter the witnesses Dr. Xiao will call: these Doctors who work with him. In this country, everybody knows that medical doctors are considered as up standing citizens. Their words count much more than a layman’s word. And don’t forget the patients Dr. Xiao has helped, words from people in wheelchairs are more powerful than you can ever imagine.

Let’s stop ridiculing Dr. Xiao for his numerous lawsuits, granted some of them may seem frivolous to us. But that is exactly what Chinese in this country need to do: to stand up for our rights when we think injustice are done to us. I know may Chinese just curse and bite their teeth in private when they are treated unfairly. I was once applauded by a coworker when I went to court to fight a traffic ticket. She said people perceived that Asian Americans were docile.

Like it or not, venting in Chinese media, instead of US media, about a US court filed case sounds/looks just like “curse in private” again. It may make you feel better for a moment. But in the end, how much help does it do to thwart what Dr. Xiao is doing: to cripple Dr. Fang financially.

Dr. Fang, hire a lawyer now. Don’t be blindsided by the yes men loitering here. Some of them may just want to cheer you on to see a fight and to see you fall. None of them is risking a dime of their own money. This is a real law suit with serious consequence. It is time to leave the fight to the professionals.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明)