国务卿的回答太软弱要是我就回答你的孩子有义务在必要的时候战死

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: HunHunSheng 于 2007-01-12, 12:19:25:

Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-California, took the opportunity to point out that Rice, with no children of her own, will not feel the loss of a son or daughter in Iraq.

"Who pays the price?" Boxer asked Rice. "I'm not going to pay a personal price. My kids are too old and my grandchild is too young. You're not going to pay a personal price, as I understand it, with an immediate family. So who pays the price? The American military and their families ... not me, not you."

Rice replied: "I fully understand the sacrifice that the American people are making, and especially the sacrifice that our soldiers are making, men and women in uniform. I visit them. I know what they're going through. I talk to their families. I see it."

Boxer interrupted: "Madam Secretary, please. I know you feel terrible about it. That's not the point. I was making the case as to who pays the price for your decisions.

"And the fact that this administration would move forward with this escalation with no clue as to the further price that we're going to pay militarily ... I find really appalling."

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明)