看, 米国一餐馆吃饭要交驾驶执照

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: true 于 2006-12-01, 23:17:49:

Pancake Customers Hopping Mad Over ID Policy
Diners Asked To Turn Over IDs Before Eating

POSTED: 9:22 am EST November 30, 2006
UPDATED: 12:29 am EST December 1, 2006

QUINCY, Mass. -- Customers were shocked by a new policy at a local International House Of Pancakes restaurant recently when they were asked to turn over their driver's licenses before being seated.

WCVB-TV in Boston reported that customers were leaving without paying the bill. So an employee came up with the idea of asking people to turn over their licenses before they ate. It was returned after they paid.

"I think the most expensive thing is $8.99. You're not going to run out on that. It's ridiculous," one customer, who gave her name only as Virginia, said.

The policy left a sour taste in some customers' mouths.

"(I said,) 'You want my license? I'm going for pancakes, I'm not buying the Hope diamond,' and they refused to seat us," John Russo said. He said he's been a victim of identity theft in the past and wasn't comfortable with the idea.

"The security guard had at least 40 licenses in his hand. Identity theft is rampant. I wouldn't want to give my license, with my address or Social Security number to anyone that I'm not familiar with that ... I'm going just for breakfast," Russo said.

Monday night, IHOP released a statement to the television station saying an "employee felt this could eliminate the problem of people leaving without paying. This was done without the knowledge or approval of management ... We apologize to any guest who was inconvenienced."

The company said it would reverse the policy immediately.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明)