'More Attractive' - agree; 'Healthier' - not sure? Any scientific evidence?

所有跟贴·加跟贴·新语丝读书论坛

送交者: blackbox 于 2006-11-13, 11:41:14:

回答: 新书: 混血儿为什么优秀? 供昏昏自学成材用 由 Latino2 于 2006-11-13, 10:47:06:

Reviewer: J. Lurie - See all my reviews

I just finished reading "Breeding Between the Lines" and was excited to share the book with other readers. I don't normally like science-based writing, but Mr. Ziv's language was so entertaining and well-stated, I couldn't help but enjoy the book. I was most interested in how Ziv addressed the questions he posed in Chapter 4 about the existence of race, and how many races exist. Ziv made some solid scientific arguments, and his Brazilian example perfectly illustrated how subjective any division is. I also liked how Ziv seamlessly integrated pop culture references, which is always a good thing. It was also cool how he used his friends' stories. Tannaz only had 14 great grandparents? Who knew. I just have one question. What happened when the girl showed up to meet Alan in Vegas, sight unseen?

Reviewer: Looking out and looking in "None" (USA) - See all my reviews

I cannot give this guy any credit except making a hypothesis that mixed people have more symmetrical features compared to the rest of the single-race world. Symmetrical people, Mr. Ziv tells us, have better features, lose their virginity at a younger age, and are just plainly the most beautiful people on earth. I differ on this opinion. If you reference Kip Fulbeck's Part Asian, 100% Hapa, you will find mixed-race people of all shapes and sizes. We're talking about photographs, which Mr. Ziv does not have in this book. So there is nothing much here aside from generalized conclusions. Nice try, Mr Ziv. Perhaps a different idea for your next book?

Reviewer: Dennis - See all my reviews
Okay, so when I got this book for my birthday, I thought two things. First, that it would be too scientific. Second, that it wouldn't convince me of anything. Wrong and wrong.

I ended up staying up until 7:00 in the morning reading this thing. It was fascinating! He sets up his premise early on that interracial people are healthier, more attractive, more symmetrical, more athletic, etc. Now this isn't EVERY interracial person, but on average.

There are tons of scientific studies documented, and they're interesting. Like the one that concluded that highly symmetrical men are more than twice as likely to bring their partner to orgasm as low-symmetry men. And the studies are presented with humor and examples (as poor Lyle Lovett can attest to...)

It's funny, insightful, and discusses everything from the mating habits of snow geese to present day race relations.

He presents as incredibly unbiased, he supports his theories, and honestly after reading this it's hard to imagine how any open minded person can disagree with his premise.

There's probably only ten to twenty books I've ever read that I would say, "Trust me, just read it." But this would be one of them.

所有跟贴:

加跟贴

笔名: 密码: 注册笔名请按这里

标题:

内容: (BBCode使用说明)